ADVERTISEMENT

Hot Seat Locksley countdown...

We know with that golden parachute extension Locks got he ain't going anywhere anytime soon. Ok, we will suffer four, five, six more years. Locks is 18-20 with his current gig. So, I guess his contract runs to 2027 with a 7-win season. So, each year he gets 7 wins he gets another year added. If he doesn't get 7 wins, can we subtract a year? Byrd Stadium is gonna look really empty in the years ahead.

Ps. Looking ahead to next year the UMD will be lucky to win 4-5 games. This is gonna suck.

Well since you all asked here is next year's schedule.

1. H-Towson-Win. You lose to these guys you fire Barney on the spot.
2. H-Charlotte-Win-They will have a new coach.
3. H-UVA-Toss Up.-Will be the UVA's coach second year so expect improvements from them.
4. A-MSU-Loss-Sorry Charlie but MSU coming back.
5. H-Indiana-Win-Lucky us.
6. A-OSU-Loss. Just a question is by how much, 40 or 50 points.
7. H-Illinois-Loss-This program going in a different direction than us. They have a real B1G coach.
8. A-NW-Loss-We were lucky to beat them this year. Look for them to bounce back.
9. H-psu-Loss-They own us plain and simple.
10. A-Nebraska-Loss. They have a great program and will return to having a great team.
11. H-Michigan-Loss-See OSU.
12. H-Rutgers-Toss Up.

3 wins, 8 losses, 2 toss ups. We are losing a so-called veteran OL, and without a competitive OL you ain't going anywhere. The 3-man DL front is a loser no matter how you shake it. We are an undisciplined team. We will know more after we see who leaves via the portal and who replaces them from the portal. Political hires do not work, never have, never will.

***Niagara Game Thread***

We're about 10 minutes from tipoff between the Terps and Purple Eagles. Maryland the heavy favorite in the first game of the Kevin Willard era. Terps in home whites tonight. No TV, but you can stream the game with a B1G+ subscription which is 10 bucks for the month (two other games will be streaming only over the next month). And of course you can listen on the Maryland Sports Radio Network, also.

Here's your season-opening starting lineup:

Jahmir Young
Don Carey
Hakim Hart
Donta Scott
Julian Reese

East Coast Spotlight: Will Nyckoles Harbor really wait until February?

Adam Friedman with the latest on Nycholes Harbor. I know I've been saying it since August, but I still believe there's an excellent chance Maryland is his final visit and I'm never counting Locks out with a top TE target from DC. Not saying they are definitely going to get him, but given everything I know and what has transpired in recent years, I just have a feeling there's an excellent chance they pull this off. Finishing off the 2023 class with Harbor would be ginormous!

Slightly off topic, but looking ahead to 2024, many of the top QB dominos have started to fall, with five-star Julian Sayin committing to Bama last week and fellow five-star Jaydn Davis expected to commit to Michigan soon. Elijah Brown the other big domino, as he's being heavily recruited by USC and just recently picked up a Penn St. offer. I'm more and more starting to like Maryland's chances with St. Frances Rivals100 four-star Mike Van Buren. It could come down to Maryland and either PSU or USC for Van Buren. Would be huge if they could snag a commitment from him early to get some real momentum going for the next cycle. Link to the story on Harbor below.

STORY

Five burnings questions as Maryland basketball opens the 2022-2023 season

I try to answer five burning questions as the basketball team gets set to open the 2022-2023 season later tonight versus Niagra. The first six guys in this team's rotation are absolutely good enough to compete with just about anyone night in and night out. The biggest question, IMO, is the front court depth behind Reese and Scott. It is almost non-existent from what I can tell and someone is going to have to step up. It is going to take some creative coaching, but this team will have enough opportunities, especially during OOC play, to get some resume building wins and wind up on the right side of the bubble come March. Much more at the link including several interviews from media day.

STORY
Reactions: terpaddict

New hoops hype video

The basketball program dropped another hype video this morning ahead of tonight's opener. This one, like the last, is another home run. Narrated by Gary, looking back at how great the program has been and where it is headed. The difference between Turgeon and Willard as far as embracing the past is literally like night and day.

Login to view embedded media

Maryland-Penn State game time announced

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Maryland will travel to No. 15 Penn State on Saturday, Nov. 12 for a Big Ten East game that will kickoff at 3:30 pm and air on FOX, it was announced on Saturday night.

Maryland (6-3, 3-3 Big Ten) saw its two-game winning streak snapped on Saturday as the Terps fell at Wisconsin, 23-10. Maryland picked up a 35-19 win over Penn State the last time the teams met in Happy Valley.
Penn State (7-2, 4-2 Big Ten) has won two of its last three games, including a 45-14 win at Indiana on Saturday.
--
Reactions: terp john

Locksley says postgame...

Says he still has a lot of confidence in this team. They need to make the necessary corrections and will continue to prepare Mon-Fri. Felt they had a good week of preparation leading up to this game and looking forward to playing better next week at Penn St. and getting back on track.

Did not handle the weather as well as we thought we should and that is on us for not preparing well enough.

The wind, the rain, we made adjustments. We knew because of the wind and rain it would be one of those games and we felt we had a good game plan coming into it, but clearly it didn't work out. If you watch the tape, we just didn't finish some of hte interior blocks which would have helped us have some big plays and get going on offense.

Not singling out the RBs, but they didn't do a good job blocking today, allowing the Wisconsin LB to get to Lia too often.

It wasn't a light rain, there were times it was coming down pretty good. Our center and QB were both struggling with their grip on the ball.

Wisconsin took a little better advantage of the elements than we did. It's the Big Ten, you are going to have rain and wind and we have to do better.

Mason Lunsford has been in concussion protocol since last week. Also added earlier that Rakim Jarrett suffered a lower leg injury.

Told the team that sometimes the best laid plans don't work out as well as you want them to and that is what happened today. Lia had to take his visor off of his helmet because it doesn't work well in the rain.

***Wisconsin Game Thread***

Figured I'd start this thread a little early today. We're a little over an hour and a half away from kickoff between the Terps and Badgers. Coming off of a bye, the Terps are perhaps the healthiest they have been since the start of the season with Lia back on offense and guys like Barham and Hyppolite expected back healthy on defense. The Badgers also get a few key players back this week, including safety Hunter Wohler. Should be a good game with the Terps likely entering the top 25 with a win.

Maryland offense goes missing in 23-10 loss to Wisconsin

It was ugly. Very ugly. As the Terps managed just 189 total yards of offense Saturday at Wisconsin. Yes, the weather played a factor, but no way to sugar coat it, that was one of the worst offensive performances I've ever seen. Need to forget this game even happened and have a tremendous week of practice with a trip to Happy Valley coming up next Saturday. Full recap at the link below.

STORY
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT