ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: 4-star NY center's dad talks Terps visit

pdonohue

TSR Beat/Recruiting Writer
Staff
Feb 17, 2014
Maryland hosted Rivals150 Archbishop Molloy (NY) four-star center Moses Brown June 1 and the 6-foot-11 shot-blocker and his family came away impressed.

We should be talking to Moses himself later this evening once he's done practice but his father, Malcolm, chatted with us for a little bit about their visit to College Park and he had some flattering things to say about the Terps.

"[Moses] likes how coach Turgeon uses his bigs to do everything," Brown told TSR. "It's not just back-to-the-basket stuff. He has them running the floor and shooting 3-pointers. It seemed different to me."

Brown added that he and his son enjoyed the campus and basketball facilities at Maryland and that they already know it's a school they would like to visit again.

"I was impressed," Brown said. "Me, Moses and my sister went down there and had a really good time. We're looking forward to going back."

No future trip to College Park is set in stone as of now but Brown said he and his son will likely be back to see a Terps game next season.

"They're going to let us know later in the summer and then we're going to watch a game and go hangout and talk," Brown said.

Maryland is Brown's biggest offer to date and his father said the Terps certainly have their attention.

"It's really hard to commit right now because [Moses] is only going into his junior year, so I just want to take our time," Brown said. "But Maryland I feel like is a really good look. From where I see it right now, I wouldn't mind seeing him be involved with Maryland."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News