ADVERTISEMENT

Question for you guys

stump72

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2003
I have watched some of the interviews with our coaches and watched our substitution patterns. It seems they like to talk about program building and building depth and experience. I know everyone wants to win this year, but does it seem like we are perhaps sacrificing somewhat this year by not having our best players out there at all times in order to develop experience and depth with a lot of our younger players which will hopefully pay off next year and beyond? I don't know if I even believe this, but it just seems that if you have a top 5 on the OL, they play the entire game. That is one unit that historically always plays the entire game because without that cohesive unit, none of the other units can succeed. Running back is another unit. I can understand 2 or 3 backs, but we just keep throwing everyone in there. Jake Funk on 4th down? Really? I just feel like we can't develop consistency and a flow to the game because we have a different 11 out there every drive. I am sure the defense is similar, but haven't watched it as closely. Just curious of what you guys think. The coaches know they aren't getting fired this year and have very low expectations because of the mess our program is in. Could they be "mailing it in" while trying to prepare for down the road?

Reactions: mcwups1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News