ADVERTISEMENT

On Hunter Dickinson's options...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
So talking to a few folks quickly here this evening and over the past few days, here's a list of potential Dickinson suitors and what kind of shot each has.

Maryland - With Mike Jones now on staff and former DeMatha teammate Jahmir Young leading the way, I think the Terps have as good a shot as anybody right now.

Syracuse - The selling point here is that Red Autry is a TTO guy who's an ace recruiter and has put a lot of guys in the league. Now you also have to factor in new assistant Brenden Straughn, who actually coached Hunter to a Peach Jam title in 2018 as Takeover's top assistant coach at the time.

Villanova - The ties aren't necessarily there like they used to be, but TTO has almost been a Villanova feeder in the past and it would be a chance to be reunited with another high school and TTO teammate in Justin Moore, who is using his COVID year to come back for a final season.

Georgetown - Much of the buzz has been that he wants to be closer to home and the Hoyas have all kinds of playing time available and supposedly are in the NIL game now. Still, this one feels like a long shot to me.

Kansas - The Jayhawks are likely in play here as Self is known for playing through his bigs and also has a reputation for getting his guys max exposure as well as getting them to the league. NIL will certainly help.

Kentucky - He's already had initial discussions with Kentucky and obviously Cal's track record speaks for itself. But from what I've heard, it doesn't sound like Cal wants to spend top dollar here and it is possible (if not likely) Tshiebwe returns for the Cats. I'm not sure I like their chances as much as some of the others.

Michigan - With the current portal streak that Juwan Howard is on, don't completely discount the Wolverines just yet. I'm hearing that while not likely, the door still hasn't been completely shut on returning to Michigan. They've added Caleb Love and Seton Hall forward Tray Jackson. They also added former four-star Numari Burnett who played at Texas Tech and Alabama this past season. The Wolverines have one more scholarship to work with as of right now so the door is still cracked.

He's supposed to talk things over here soon and narrow things down. The semester out there ends next week, so visits are likely to start soon. I'd be shocked if Maryland doesn't get one of those visits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News