ADVERTISEMENT

On Harbor following Oregon visit...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
It seems Oregon has made up significant ground following Harbor's official visit this past weekend. No surprise there, that is to be expected. But as the high of the visit wears off, these last couple of days of communication are likely going to decide whether it is Maryland or Oregon. At this point, I just really don't see South Carolina or to a lesser extent Michigan, although I won't completely close the door there. As I had previously mentioned, I expect Locks to have something up his sleeve here in the final 48 hours and he's a guy who knows how to close. But I think beyond just the NIL, the track aspect of Oregon is what is keeping this from being the near done deal to Maryland it was just a few weeks back.

As for his visit to Oregon, his mom did not make the trip and they visited both the newly renovated state-of-the-art track facility and Autzen Stadium. He also met with academic folks who discussed their pre-med courses (education very important here. Mom is a pharmacist and dad works at NASA Goddard as an engineer). Again, sounds like he was very impressed.

The biggest thing working in Maryland's favor here is distance. I get the impression they do not want him on the other side of the country, even as some advising seem to be pushing the Ducks. Everyone is just going to have to sweat this one out a little longer but the Terps are still squarely in the mix as this recruitment nears the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News