ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN and Mike Fekula

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If you were newly crowned Russian Billionaires, what 5 players from the eight teams left in the 2010 World Cup would you sign to start your new English Premier League team:

Personally, I'd go after : ( 1 ) Lionel Messi ( 2 ) Kaka ( 3 ) David Villa ( 4 ) Sergio Ramos ( 5 ) Forlan - Uruguay.

I generally agree with your list, especially as I want to rebuild with youth and most of these guys are fairly young except for Forlan who is 31. I might first look at Mesut Ozil (21) and Thomas Muller (20) of Germany, two of the best under 22 in the world and maybe two of the best, period.

Good list but I would drop either Ramos or Forlon (and yea he's been spectacular) so Ramos goes but I have to have Maicon on my team. What a juggernaut at right back for Brasil. The ghosts of Cafu and of Roberto Carlos lives on.

T.

Maicon

Definitely agree with you on Maicon. He and Lucio back there give Brazil something they have never really had: big bruisers who are also fast. They have had one or two big boys previously like Aldair, but he didn't have that kind of speed. Its funny how the South American teams, by reputation, are supposed to be the fastest, most creative, most fluid, etc etc. Yes, but this time they also brought terrific defenses with them. The four survivors -- Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay are among the best defensive units in the tournament.

Hey TMAN and Mike ... What are the odds

All 4 South American Teams advance ??

Re: Maicon

Aldair...there's a name in the past. He wasw a good central defender for the canaries. Believe he played his club years over in Italy with Roma. It's interesting how Brasil's defense has evolved.

The ironic part is Dani Alves on this Brasil squad isn't kitty litter either. He's one of the best in the world but has Maicon infront of him. With Elano's injury Dunga has the luxury of slipping Avles to the outside mid. In today's match against the Flying Dutchmen, something tells me Alves needs to deliver in the attack.
This post was edited on 7/2 7:15 AM by TMAN

Re: Hey TMAN and Mike ... What are the odds

If Paraguay beats Spain, then someone call 911. Because I'll be on the floor.

Brasil, Argentina are lookN good. Uruguay, if they happen to meet Brasil, could give Brasil a lot of trouble (IMO).They will play a bunker against the Canaries and hope it goes to PK's.

Call me krazy but I believe Brasil handles the Dutch relatively easy today but we'll see.

Germany vs Argentina,...that should be a final in itself. Same with Brasil vs the Dutchmen. Nutin better than the World Cup. Nutin!

t.
This post was edited on 7/2 7:17 AM by TMAN

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT