ADVERTISEMENT

from the sidelines

FL-Terp

Sophomore
Jun 11, 2001
unlike, perhaps, some of the more frequent posters on this site, i am merely a Sunday morning observer with a humble opinion re MD's ability to compete in football.
i believe MD has made significant progress in the past year. their talent on the defensive line has improved as has the linebackers and defensive backs. this improvement has come, to a large degree, as the result of the addition of players brought in by Locks. obviously, the defense will become even more of a force as a result of this recent recruiting class. Re the offense, our QB & receivers are certainly above average while our running backs are at least average if not above average. the only possible weakness we might have on the team is with the offensive line where we need better talent and depth.
concerning coaching, my work experience tells me that, as a manager, you are only as good as the talent you surround yourself with. granted, a football coach who does not employ good strategies / tactics along with football talent will only accomplish so much, but at this point in time, i would be happy to win 9 games a year based upon talent while losing 1 game every other year based upon a poor decision.
clearly MD is headed in the right direction and to post ongoing negative critique / complaints about them seems ill timed at best.
if we are MD fans, we should support them until they truly don't deserve our support, which is not right now.
happy holidays to all and be safe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News