ADVERTISEMENT

ex-Terp Omar Gonzalez is MLS All-Star

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
MLS just released the early results of fan voting for the MLS XI for the All-Star game vs. Manchester United and Omar is in the Top 11 vote getters. That does not automatically mean he will start the game but makes it a near certainty he is on the roster and may start. He is in fast company: Thierry Henry (New York), David Beckham and Landon Donovan of L.A.; Chris Wondoloski of San Jose; Kasey Keller of Seattle, etc etc.

Not too shabby to say the least for the tall Texan. Sash has had very good luck with the state of Texas in recruiting. Omar, London Woodberry (whom I expect big things from this kid this year). Wasn't Dominic Mediate from Texas as well? Not too mention that Sasho just landed the best defender in the country (according to CSN) in Mike Ambrose from El Paso.

t.

Mediate

was born in Wyoming but grew up in Texas, played youth club in Dallas, went to Maryland, was drafted by Columbus Crew, went to DC United the following year, finished his career in the USL. A really good all-around player. Too bad his last year was 2004, one year before they won the NT.

Re: Mediate

Hell of a player and one of the fastest Sash has ever had in the midfield. I remember his in the semi's one year and he was killing me with his skills. One of my favs.

t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT