ADVERTISEMENT

Assistants update

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Alright guys, I was working my sources into the wee hours of the morning at a midtown speakeasy to try to get the latest on what's going on with the assistants. lol Here's what I've got as of right now.

- Of the current assistants, Keenan McCardell, Keith Dudzinski and Darrell Perkins will not be back. Chad Wilt, who seemed most likely of the current assistants to return, seems to be trending towards not being retained right now. Greg Studrawa is also out.

- With Locksley, what I'm hearing from plugged in sources as of this morning, is that they still do not believe he will be back. Again, until it's over I won't say he's 100% gone, but it doesn't seem likely he will be on Durkin's staff next year. One interesting nugget I did learn is that Locksley could be in play with Ohio State, as a source told me that Urban Meyer reached out to Locksley. Given the recent happenings with Haskins and the fact I've already heard that Tim Beck likely won't be back at OSU, this actually makes some sense. Would obviously not be a good sign with Haskins.

- With Tennessee WR coach Zach Azzanni, not really sure what happened there, but things appear to have broken off.

- Jedd Fisch continues to get some mention, but again, my sources in Michigan don't seem to think he'd leave Michigan for Maryland when he's stated numerous times that his goal is to get back to the NFL as quickly as possible. All of that said, you never know...

I know you all want new names for the OC position, but I am just not hearing any right now. Tim Beck is the other name I was hearing and nothing seems to be happening there either.

Finally, here's a running list of what the staff looks like right now.

DJ Durkin - Head Coach
Mike London - Associate Head Coach/DL
Scott Shafer - Defensive Coordinator
Aazaar Abdul-Rahim - DBs
Rick Court - Strength and Conditioning

That's a really solid start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews