ADVERTISEMENT

ZION ELEE....

keithbooth22

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Aug 26, 2011

Five-star edge Zion Elee says Maryland interest 'heavy' after visit​

Zion Elee, who is the No. 2 player in the 2026 class, goes in-depth about his Maryland visit.​

A change in five-star Zion Elee's visit schedule two weekends ago had big ramifications for Maryland last weekend.

The coveted class of 2026 Baltimore St. France's standout visited Tennessee a week earlier instead of for the game against Alabama,
which allowed him to be at SECU Stadium for Maryland's homecoming win against USC.

And according to the 6-foot-3 1/2, 220-pound Elee, it elevated the Terps in his recruitment.

"This visit, in general, changed my view of Maryland," said Elee, who is the No. 2 player in his class. "From the coaches, the events, and the game, I now have heavy interest in Maryland and it's one of my top schools."

Elee, who also visited Oregon this season and he is slated to be at Auburn on Nov. 2, received priority treatment.

He met with members of the coaching staff, including coach Mike Locksley before the game, and felt a connection to the program.

"He really talked about how he wanted me to stay home," Elee said. "How they are trying to build something with the local guys."

The Terps rallied from a 14-point deficit with 13 minutes left for the win, and it made an impact on Elee.

"The atmosphere of Maryland was so intense," he said. "It was such a great game. Stadium was packed out and it was really a battle till the end."

The way the Terps use their edge rushers appealed to him.

"I like how the defense I play is similar to Maryland's so it wouldn't be much new," Elee said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.