ADVERTISEMENT

Word on the street is...

huehueterp

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2004
South Florida
DeSue getting reps at 1, Bort and Legend the 2’s. Take this for what it’s worth but Legend is said to be looking better than the first 2. Not surprised as DeSue is a frosh and Bort is Bort. Maybe Legend was aptly named.

Reactions: Jammer7
DeSue getting reps at 1, Bort and Legend the 2’s. Take this for what it’s worth but Legend is said to be looking better than the first 2. Not surprised as DeSue is a frosh and Bort is Bort. Maybe Legend was aptly named.
That may be the word on the street where you are in South Florida. The word on the street in the Baltimore area is SNOW.

That may be the word on the street where you are in South Florida. The word on the street in the Baltimore area is SNOW.
Is Legend a transfer? Walk-on?

Did the Terps get a new defensive coordinator? That's all I want to know.

My
My bad. Had it backwards. Bort is taking snaps with the 1’s and DeSue and Legend with the 2’s.

if any of those kids play MD is a 3win team most likely. any one of those guys playing in front of any of those other 2 guys is irrelevant

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogue Red
They say he and Bort are struggling.
Hence, why they are probably not allowing the media to watch the full practice. It's going to take time for them, especially the freshman QB, to pick up on the new offense.
Speaking of media, when is the next practice open to the media? Love to see/hear some progress reports from the coaches and players.

Reactions: dbaguy
if any of those kids play MD is a 3win team most likely. any one of those guys playing in front of any of those other 2 guys is irrelevant
Unfortunately this is too accurate. We are in deep doo doo this year, regardless of the OC,w/o Pig or Kasim.

Reactions: goterps48
Not necessarily if the D gets significantly better, but if not then yes, deep doo-doo.
I can't wait to see what our passing game will look like with DJ Moore gone and know proven replacement, other than possibly Jacobs. We were limited last year even with DJ Moore due to our QB situation. Who will be the go to WR with a healthy Pig and/or Kasim? Hopefully we will have more than one of the young WR's to emerge.

I don't think you are going to see much production from WR, but rather passing attack out of the slot & backfield where the talent on this roster is.
No one anticipates much production at WR but we may have some productive wideouts who may appear. Lots of sophs.

Somewhat surprised we didn't get a good look from a potential Grad Transfer at QB looking at our depth chart situation (i.e., 1 & 2 coming off ACL tears, True Freshman, etc.)

I can't wait to see what our passing game will look like with DJ Moore gone and know proven replacement, other than possibly Jacobs. We were limited last year even with DJ Moore due to our QB situation. Who will be the go to WR with a healthy Pig and/or Kasim? Hopefully we will have more than one of the young WR's to emerge.
In the one interview with Rayshad Lewis I saw he said it right... not one guy is going to be able to just step in and produce like Dj Moore. The guy is is about to potentially be a first round pick so it is going to take a group effort from the WR's and Te's. There is a lot of truth to that to be honest bc DJ like Diggs was a special talent as we all know, but sometimes someone who you may not expect may emerge. I think other than running back, Wr's is a group we have brought in some of the most talent from a position standpoint. This could be a year where maybe Daveport or Turner really take off bc we have seen flashes of potential from both. It also sounds like freshmen Jeshaun Jones has shown some good things as has Lewis. I really am not to worried about our WR group to be honest bc I think things will work out there bc there really is potential there...

In the one interview with Rayshad Lewis I saw he said it right... not one guy is going to be able to just step in and produce like Dj Moore. The guy is is about to potentially be a first round pick so it is going to take a group effort from the WR's and Te's. There is a lot of truth to that to be honest bc DJ like Diggs was a special talent as we all know, but sometimes someone who you may not expect may emerge. I think other than running back, Wr's is a group we have brought in some of the most talent from a position standpoint. This could be a year where maybe Daveport or Turner really take off bc we have seen flashes of potential from both. It also sounds like freshmen Jeshaun Jones has shown some good things as has Lewis. I really am not to worried about our WR group to be honest bc I think things will work out there bc there really is potential there...
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

They say he and Bort are struggling.
DeSue will be fine, he wasn’t coming here to play this year. Great kid, hard worker, great attitude. Let’s keep in mind Kasim didn’t win the job as a freshman either. We aren’t an elite program that can ever trot a frosh QB on the field and roll. That is simply overstating the obvious

I don't think you are going to see much production from WR, but rather passing attack out of the slot & backfield where the talent on this roster is.
No one anticipates much production at WR but we may have some productive wideouts who may appear. Lots of sophs.

Someone else almost always steps up. When Heyward Bay left, unknown Torrey Smith stepped up. He left and Diggs came along. He leaves and Moore steps up. Someone else will step up I am sure and then we will get worried once that guy leaves.

Someone else almost always steps up. When Heyward Bay left, unknown Torrey Smith stepped up. He left and Diggs came along. He leaves and Moore steps up. Someone else will step up I am sure and then we will get worried once that guy leaves.
Agree. A guy who 2liveterp pointed out and who I agreed had potential is MJ Jarrell. The Joneses, Chris and Jeshaun, and Jahrvis are all possibilities. DJ may blow up and/ or Rays little one. Lotta youth. I had forgotten that Chris Jones the SR was still on the team. One thing that stands out on the roster right now is that the Terps are bigger at wideout with Carriere being the tallest at 6’4. I don’t think it’s a horrible thing to not have a go to guy established. Bort stared down DJ all last year. Not having your top two QB’s available during spring ball hurts the receiving corps also, though. Scary that Bort is still taking reps at 1. Thinking positive about the new scheme. The square peg round hole scheme wore thin.

We don’t really have anyone else to take reps at number one... Desue like said above was someone we knew probably wouldn’t start for a few years in college park and Brumbaugh is a walk on. It kinda stinks Ryan Brand hung up the cleats this year bc he could have been a guy to give a different look in the spring. I was really impressed with Brands poise and how quick he got the ball out of his hands last year. He just didn’t have the arm strength or size.. if Bort got the ball out as quick as Brand did he would be fine bc he does have the arm strength.

Also the other Jones coming in this summer is pretty dang good too!

It’s college football.
Someone else needs to step up somewhere almost every year.
That’s the difference between good teams, decent teams and MD

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT