ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Soccer Coach Candidates

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Two names have popped up so far. As expected, Dave Nolan of Georgetown is the first name that popped up, although that may be because he is local and more of a known quantity -- and a very good one.

I have also heard the name of Nikki Izzo-Brown of West Virginia. She has had a successful 16 year tenure in Morgantown. Her name came up seven years ago when the job went to Brian Pensky and I am not sure how serious of a candidate she was back then; apparently she is now. WVU was BigEast champion in 2011 and then got upset by Virginia Tech in the 1st round of the NCAA's; the previous year they made it to the Sweet 16 before losing to Boston College.

Word is that they are trying to move quickly on this one, given that national LOI day was Wednesday and they have to hold on to recruits. I have no word yet on how many incoming players will honor their commitments.

Hey Mike ...

The Sun did an article Wednesday of where the local prep athletes would be signing and they listed that Ashley Spivey of Mcdonogh would sign with Maryland, but they did not list Alexis Prior-Brown of Mercy or Riley Barger of Bryn Mahr two former commits. I am hoping that they are just waiting for a new coach to be named.

Are any of the assistant coaches a viable replacemant, and / or is the coach at America interested.

Thanks .. Richard

Would you believe....

TopDrawerSoccer acknowledges that Maryland lost Brian but their recruiting class is #5 anyway. I don't see how they can make that claim when they do not list any names and clearly do not know any better than we do as to who is definitely coming.

I haven't heard anything on Prior-Brown or Barger, but the latter verbaled over a year ago and I would be surprised if she pulled out now. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT