ADVERTISEMENT

With 3 tall WR in the fold...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
With three taller WR now in the fold, Maryland will likely look to take one more wideout with a focus on the slot. Virginia Beach (Va.) Ocean Lakes WR Tahj Capehart likely becomes the top priority now. He's looking for a spread offense and Walt Bell's new system certainly fits the bill. But he's going to be a tough pull with Virginia Tech and Alabama heavily involved. He can also play on both sides of the ball and special teams.

I still think Friendship Collegiate's Nykeim Johnson is another slot type to keep an eye on. He's blown up following a strong showing at The Opening in DC earlier this spring and now has offers from the likes of Bowling Green, Hawaii, Navy and Virginia. He's a speedster that is also a special teams ace returning kicks.

Cameron Sullivan-Brown is another one to keep an eye on. He is more in the mold of a bigger, taller WR, but they could take one of the two mentioned above as well as Sullivan-Brown due to his versatility and ability to play both ways. The Maryland staff likes him on defense. And the fact that the remaining WR targets are so versatile has me thinking they could possibly take two more and just find positions for them once they arrive on campus. Durkin has made no bones about it, he's looking to get the best players on the field and will move guys around to see where they fit best.

And finally, as I noted in another thread, I think you can now remove NC three-star WR Justin Marshall from the board. With him visiting South Carolina for a second time in the past month or so this weekend, my gut says there's a good chance he commits in the near future.

Reactions: huehueterp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News