ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome to the Big Ten, Terps!!

hawkeyefan76

Sophomore
Aug 22, 2002
Hi Terp fans!

Can you tell us about your football team? Just trying to get a better understanding as the Hawkeyes play you at your place.

Here is a bit of a quick primer for you:

Nebraska-fans live in the past-very annoying.
Wisky fans-frightening place to go to a game-almost a cult.
OSU-always at the top-everyone wants to beat them
MSU-good some years-struggle others
Iowa-always play to our competitions level
PSU-who cares
NW-always make a lot of noise-then they lose!
Purdue-Spoilermakers
Illini-bad
Indiana-bad
Minny-bad
Rutgers-they are from NJ, need I say more???
Michigan-were good-now middle of the pack
Maryland-help me out here-no idea!

The last 3 years I think having a new coach we had to go through some hard times. The fans have not been happy, but to give Randy credit, rebuilding in his situation, the same with our basketball program, would take time (new systems and a need to recruit better talent). I think we have a QB with great experience and can run with the best of them. He has become a much better passing QB and went to the Manning QB camp last year. Our RBs are solid and Wes Brown can really play. Reid and Ross can hit the holes and gain positive yards on most plays and the running game should be better also due to having some great WRs. OL has some talent and hopefully will play better this year as a unit. Defense is a bit of an issue, but we have some great talent and some great LBs and Safeties. We should be much better. We are putting a solid team together and I think this is how Randy manages a team. I actually think we will be pretty good and I did not think this a few years back.

Across the board, Maryland has great sporting teams and we win. Just need to get the men's basketball and football program going and we should be good going into year 4 after having to great coaches leave in both football and basketball. Maryland is a basketball school, but we have had some great years in football and hoping that starts again this fall.

Maryland, DC and Virginia have so much to offer! Great place to visit and live. A lot to do here and we have every pro sport you can think of. Washington DC has so much to offer and just 10 miles from the campus at College Park. Annapolis is a great place as well. Baltimore City has a lot to offer as well and Northern Virginia has so many cool spots to go to. The University of Maryland has Great Spirit and the solid fan base goes to almost all the sports at UMD. I think we do a great job, game day, and other schools seem to love to go to games at Maryland and take long weekends and vacations in this area since we have just about anything you want to do on a vacation, from beaches, to mountains, to sailing on the bays and other water fronts, and fun events in major cities.

I think most of us fans are really looking forward to the BIG 10!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT