ADVERTISEMENT

Was reading earlier today the current status of Keldon Johnson's recruitment

Pikesville

Junior
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2003
on another Maryland related website. Apparently, Keldon's father is now saying his son's signing could come during the early signing period on ESPNU or even be delayed until the end of November. This represents a slight shift from what we've been told previously. While Keldon's father appears to being totally professional regarding his son's announcement -- including not contacting the TV network until a decision has been made -- the conventional pick right now is Kentucky. I find this recruitment to be so frustrating. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for Mark Turgeon. You get on a kid early through research and watching him play. You offer early and then follow-up continually as the kid's game develops. Then, you have to hope that the kid's game doesn't blow up to where the blue bloods get involved. Kentucky was't even in on Keldon until recently because they had other 5 star players they preferred and now they're the favorite because the others they contemplated are no considering Kentucky?

We've been advised here that Keldon isn't the type of kid that will be bowled over by the Kentucky aura and this may end up being true. However, as this one is playing out, it is starting to have a familiar ring to it. It's a play we've seen too often. And it doesn't work out well if you're a Maryland fan.

It'll be interesting to see how this recruitment as well as Moses Brown's play out. As it stands today, pending news on how Brown's visit to UCLA went, I'd be ecstatic if we landed one of between him and Johnson. However, that might be an overreach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News