ADVERTISEMENT

Warning: over on Premium

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
The departure of Danny O'Brien and two other players, has caused a near meltdown. Not long after we hear that Diggs is signing with Maryland, and the board was in jubilation mode, now the depature of DOB has caused a reversal and the stuff is flying back & forth between the hopeful fans and the outraged fans. The one commnent that I made on the situ was on Page 1 before I went to lunch (I took a late lunch today, just after 2pm); I just came back from lunch at 3pm and the same comment is on page 3. LOL! I think I am going to stay home here on Other Sports for the next few days and wait till the storm passes. Any news on DC United? Spring soccer? Lax? Anything but football?

Not yet....

I figured you would hear before me, LOL. Should be pretty soon. I would love to see a friendly with DC United. Not saying it will happen; just saying you will need a roster in hand for both teams.

Re: Not yet....

FOR the past 2 years Akron and Maryland have played each other in the spring. If the trend continues, then Akron would come here for a spring game. That's one we would have to see as that is a good measuring stick. It's interesting Porter Akron team has never beaten Maryland.

t.

Re: Not yet....

Doesn't matter if they haven't beat us in the spring. Spring results are meaningless unless you are getting pounded 5-0 in every game at which point you go recruit another goalie.

I am reminiscing over friendlies past vs. DC United when Ray Hudson was the coach -- now there is a piece of work! A great guy and one of the most fun interviews I have ever done. I can also recall in days of yore when there were games against the old USL teams - minor league soccer outfits that had some good players. Whatever, I am usually too tied up with Women's Lax, which should be in the FF again this year anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT