ADVERTISEMENT

Update on 2018 3-star OLB w/ Terps offer

pdonohue

TSR Beat/Recruiting Writer
Staff
Feb 17, 2014
I spoke with Vineland (N.J.) Vineland North 2018 three-star OLB Nihym Anderson the other day to discuss his Maryland offer, which he received Feb. 21 from his area recruiter/Terps running backs coach Anthony Tucker.

Anderson said he hasn't had too much interaction with Tucker yet, just a few quick conversations on Twitter, and that the Terps offer was actually delivered through his HS coach.

On receiving his MD offer, Anderson had this to say:

"I was excited because it’s another opportunity and I never thought I’d be going to college, so every opportunity is a blessing. I haven’t done too much research on any of my offers yet. I’m just going to keep continue doing what I’m doing and not really think about it too much.”

Despite admittedly not knowing much about Tucker or the Terps yet, Anderson said he has enjoyed his communication with his primary recruiter on Twitter so far.

“I talked to Coach Tucker and he just talked about how he liked my tape and can’t wait to get me down there," Anderson said. “I like him. He’s a good dude. I’ve heard some good things about him. He’s definitely good in my book.”

Anderson hasn't set up a date for a visit to College Park yet, but he said, "It’s in the process.”

He has already taken in Rutgers, Temple, Pitt and UConn, but Anderson also has plans to see Syracuse March 4, Boston College either March 18 or 25 and Minnesota April 14.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News