ADVERTISEMENT

The Ralph versus Randy Saga

octerp

Freshman
May 29, 2001
I understand the need for debate, but some of the crap talked about on here, which some people believe are facts, is out of control. No wonder everyone and their mother left this board. It is downright unhealthy. You visit other boards and at least you get some good debate (pro and con), but here, just vial hatred for a man none of you even know. Furthermore, people just make crap up and say its truth, use double standards when comparing both coaches (both ways), and a complete lack of context for each man's career and challenges faced.

For example, and I challenge someone to do this, how many of the top 25 teams Ralph beat wound up being top 25 teams at the end of the year? To me, that is a valid stat when you continue to piss all over Edsall's top 25 record and laughing at USF. Furthermore, does any think about the challenges one may face when turning UConn into a D1 program, inherent disadvantages of recruiting in that part of the country, and how that may impact overall records and the like? Maybe compare that to the program Ralph inherited? That, or the injuries this program had to face in years 2-3 under Edsall, how that may also impact his record at MD just a bit? What happens if Ralph lost Shaun Hill his first year, or half his team the second year? Did anyone do research on who was getting injured, maybe stop blaming Edsall for kids that belonged down a level (aka depth), malcontents (Coxson, Mackall, and the ilk) and freeing up some spots?

Does anyone know the gigantic steps Edsall tried to make to help DJ Adams given all of his issues?

Hell, I saw one poster ask why Caleb didn't play more last year. Well, the kid got injured in mid-October and we were sitting at 4-2, with one loss being the National Champion and nail bitter to the 'neers. We had no choice but to roll with CJ after that. Who says this staff doesn't make the switch if Caleb is healthy?

Pissing all over recruiting classes that may not meet your star needs, but can't be assessed because the kids are all still pups? How can anyone in their right mind assess last year's recruiting class when none have stepped on the field yet? Yet, posters bring up the coach at MSU that apparently built his program on 2-3 star kids, with a mix of a few 4 stars. Has anyone looked at his career at UC and MSU before he hit his stride? Edsall just brought in his 4th class.

Has anyone truly done an honest assessment of the roster Edsall inherited, kids that left, spots that opened for recruits, etc.? Like, a real assessment?

Lots of ways to look at things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News