ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Kemp?

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
OK, so one of the TopDrawerSoccer guys does a mock MLS draft and has Taylor Kemp going in the 1st round. Did I miss something and Taylor has decided to go into the draft? No announcment on umterps.com which is usually what would happen. Or is this a case where somebody just assumes and acts accordingly?
Hmmm.... I did say in the thread below that I thought Kemp was the only guy on the team currently that could reasonably consider such a move, but that doesn't mean he wants it or it will happen.

TopDrawer Mock Draft

Mike....I'm like u. I haven't heard anything on Kemp going. I think this guy just threw names out there to see if things would stick to the wall.

We'll see but I still think Kemp stays. I have noticed though that Sasho has really loaded up on the back for in the 2012 , 2013 classes (commits). But I believe the back 4 has been Maryland's problem the last 2 years but more so because of injuries and a little lack of depth.

Agreed

I think people throw out names and the mathematical odds are that 2-3 will be correct. Then you can be a prophet.

As to loading up on backs, well it seems to me you can never have enough good marking backs. Seems easier to convert a midfielder to central defense, especially if he is tall, but marking backs are like coverage corner backs in American football (somebody called it Throwball) -- you gotta have that make-up speed. I suspect it is more than Kemp possibly going, but also Woodberry being a senior next year and after that the roster only lists Fernandez, Roach, and Seymour at the position. Throw in Leikvang and they are still very thin among returnees.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT