ADVERTISEMENT

Taylor Kemp?

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
OK, so one of the TopDrawerSoccer guys does a mock MLS draft and has Taylor Kemp going in the 1st round. Did I miss something and Taylor has decided to go into the draft? No announcment on umterps.com which is usually what would happen. Or is this a case where somebody just assumes and acts accordingly?
Hmmm.... I did say in the thread below that I thought Kemp was the only guy on the team currently that could reasonably consider such a move, but that doesn't mean he wants it or it will happen.

TopDrawer Mock Draft

Mike....I'm like u. I haven't heard anything on Kemp going. I think this guy just threw names out there to see if things would stick to the wall.

We'll see but I still think Kemp stays. I have noticed though that Sasho has really loaded up on the back for in the 2012 , 2013 classes (commits). But I believe the back 4 has been Maryland's problem the last 2 years but more so because of injuries and a little lack of depth.

Agreed

I think people throw out names and the mathematical odds are that 2-3 will be correct. Then you can be a prophet.

As to loading up on backs, well it seems to me you can never have enough good marking backs. Seems easier to convert a midfielder to central defense, especially if he is tall, but marking backs are like coverage corner backs in American football (somebody called it Throwball) -- you gotta have that make-up speed. I suspect it is more than Kemp possibly going, but also Woodberry being a senior next year and after that the roster only lists Fernandez, Roach, and Seymour at the position. Throw in Leikvang and they are still very thin among returnees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT