ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse predictions...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
I've pretty much thought since the summer that three games on this year's schedules were extremely winnable for the Terps, despite the fact they would very likely be underdogs going into the game. Those games were Syracuse, Purdue and Minnesota. Nothing I've seen in the first week of action has me thinking I was anything but spot on in thinking all three of those teams were pretty severely overrated coming into the season. The Terps even opened this week as significant home underdogs and quickly became the Vegas favorites within 48 hours.

I think Maryland does a 180 in offensive philosophy this week and tries to pound the rock on the ground and runs a lot more short crossing routes in the passing game in order to possess the ball longer and keep the defense fresh.

I also think we will see a lot of pressure on DeVito given his struggles last week and also given the fact the Orange o-line still doesn't seem to have gelled together just yet. That said, Cuse has the kind of backs capable of doing the same damage as Maryland's backs. And special teams seem to be a wash, both teams seem to be solid in that area.

I think with the game being at home and Maryland having something to prove, the Terps get the first signature win of the Locks era. Josh Jackson goes out and has an efficient game, Anthony McFarland and Javon Leake are able to find daylight for a few big runs and the defense rattles DeVito enough to force him into a couple more turnovers.

Terps - 34
Cuse - 27

Reactions: F1RXC03 and 9053
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News