ADVERTISEMENT

Stefon Diggs on returning home, matchup with Redskins

pdonohue

TSR Beat/Recruiting Writer
Staff
Feb 17, 2014
Minnesota Vikings WR Stefon Diggs

On what it means to come back home and play in front of family and friends:

“Yeah, it’s going to be exciting – my first time coming home, having a game back home. I’m not thinking about too much of a homecoming, but I’m definitely excited to see my mom and just to get back to playing [in] my old town. So I’m just excited.”

On how many ticket requests he received:

“I probably got over like 30 requests but I’m only giving four away. So, my family will be there. That’s the only thing that’s important to me.”

On the key to his success:

“Just as far as preparing the right way, doing the best—doing the things that I’m coached to do as far as like with my coaches and everybody, my support system. Just as far as attacking each day with the mindset that you’ve got to get things done.”

On if former Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner helped his development:

“He definitely helped me a lot as far as he’s seen a lot of football in his time in the NFL and I have the utmost respect for him as a coach and as a person, so I took heed to everything that he said moving forward with my career as a young player. So that definitely played a part in my success.”

On if he saw Turner’s resignation coming and if the offense has been better in his absence:

“Well I didn’t really see any inclination on his resignation coming. I didn’t have any clue. It was a surprise to all of us. And as far as the offense, that’s not really my… that’s not even my spot. I don’t make those type of calls. I just run what I’m told to run and do what I’m told to do, so as far as how the offense is, you’re going to have to tell me that one.”

On how Turner helped his development:

“Just as far as preparing, you know? He’s the OC, so you know those guys are big on preparing. They watch a ton of film, so as far as that kind of thing and as far as you attack each day, just trying to get in and get things done rather than doing a whole bunch and not getting stuff done, so being efficient.”

On the key to stability in the offense despite quarterback changes:

“Just as far as coming in, we have got a great group of guys, no matter what things have been going on. Things haven’t shaped the way we’ve wanted them to, but it’s only a couple plays away. We have the guys that hone in on everything that they want to get done each and every day. It’s going to shake the way it’s supposed to. We are just going to continue to prepare, continue to move in the right direction.”

On the mindset of the team coming into this week:

“Every game is a needed win. We needed a win last week and the way we attacked and the way we approached the end of the game is the same way we’ll approach it this week – just as far as trying to do everything in our power to get that W. Every win is a needed win and all of them won’t shake the way you want them to, but we’re looking forward to this game and we look forward to coming out the way we want it to come out.”

On matching up with Redskins CB Josh Norman:

“He’s a very talented individual. It’s all about preparing. These guys that you go against each and every week, you’re going to have to prepare. You have got to watch film on it, you have got to see what he likes to do [and] what he doesn’t like to do. It’s just all about preparation.”

Reactions: huehueterp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News