ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice Notebook - 4/9

pdonohue

TSR Beat/Recruiting Writer
Staff
Feb 17, 2014
Spring practice No. 7 is underway today in College Park and media was able to observe about a 15-20-minute portion. They perhaps decided to give us a little less time to watch today knowing that there is a scrimmage open to the media on Saturday, but we will still get to talk to Locksley after practice conclude.

We'll be posting some video from today's practice but honestly not much to report from the small portion we got to see. The two biggest pieces of news coming out of practice today both revolved around observers.

• Carolina Panthers WR DJ Moore was in College Park for practice today to support his alma mater. Moore is coming off of an excellent rookie season in the NFL and will look to build upon that success in year two. It's nice to see him come back and hopefully he serves as an inspiration to some current Terps who want to be in his position one day.

• Having Moore on campus for practice also doesn't hurt when it comes to getting the attention of the recruits that were in attendance. The names I was able to observe include NJ 2020 S/WR Isaiah Lewis (Winslow Township), local 2021 athlete DJ Waiters (Gwynn Park), and Quince Orchard (Gaithersburg, Md.) products Charles Bells (2020 - Athlete) and Demeioun Robinson (2021 - LB). There were several other recruits in the house but those are just the ones that I can confirm.
  • Terps TE signee Malik Jackson was also in the house today to observe the offense he'll be playing in next season. The Terps have been successfully getting all of their local signees that aren't enrolled yet on campus for practice this spring including Jackson, Nick Cross, and Isaiah Hazel.
  • Still a sea of yellow non-contact jerseys out there as the Terps take the cautious route this spring. There are about 10-20 players staying away from contact as they wear yellow jerseys throughout practice, while Jake Funk, Brett Kulka, and Rayshad Lewis are among those not practicing at all. Cam Spence and Marcus Minor are new additions to the yellow jersey list that I noticed today.
That's all I got for now. Like I said, we'll have Locksley after practice and Saturday will deliver some better material with the team scrimmaging in front of the media for the first time this spring.

Reactions: huehueterp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News