ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer class announced- 2012

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Sasho lands a hell of a class and as expected he picked up a couple of International kids as well. One kid to watch is a potential Jason Gary, Patrick Mullins shawdows as Ryan Reynolds from the parishes of Louisiana , is among the key recruits in this bountiful class. for 2012.

As usual its a hell of class by Sasho. Fun starts in September.

Tman

Yep, they took their time again....

as I expected, they delayed the announcement because of the international players. First time we have had someone from Hungary or Japan albeit I think one of Kaoru Forbess' parents was from Japan. In any case, the internationals fill holes in the class. I know about Tshuma from Zimbabwe from the local crowd who say he is the real deal. They insist he has to be better than the national ranking at #60 or whatever, but I am not sure where he will play. His experience with Zimbabwe's U-23's helps. Well, lets see how long they stay...

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/050312aac.html

Interesting - 1 missing

Christiano Francoise up at Saint Petes in NJ, the 5-6 dynamo who scored 41 (?) goals is not on the list. He committed to Maryland awhile back and was one of the kids that I had penciled in for help sharing the load in replacing Casey Townsend. Grades? turning Pro ?, decided on another school? ....don't know but will try to find out.

t.

Re: Interesting - 1 missing

Ok what I'm hearing that C. Francois is still on target for coming to Maryland. Looks like it's a transcript issue that is expected to be cleared up. That kid along with Tschuma are going to be exciting to see on the pitch.

MORE...

I'm hearing that Maryland will be playing UCLA and California over Labor day weekend here. Also Louisville is on the schedule. Another power pack schedule that Sasho has lined up. This squad has the makings of a final cup run IMO. Back 4 should be better and would not be surprised that Dakota Edwards pushes in the back 4 for PT. Sasho has some options at goalie also. I'm not certain Keith Cardona has the goalie spot locked up. Back 4 and the goalie always a key for a deep run in the soccer world.

T.

Re: Yep, they took their time again....

Tshuma could be the next Sunny Jane by what I've been told. He's like Jane where he can run at the opponents with the ball and cause a lot of problems with the opponents. I was going to see him play in high school last year against Dematha but the game got rescheduled and I couldn't get to the rematch.

As for PT for Tshuma, well if I were Jeremy Raley and/or Alex Shinsky , I would be on my "A" game (especially Shinsky whose been in the trainer's room too much) . I see the kid Tshuma as one of the possible answers to help with the scoring load if the current front guys aren't scoring. Casey Townsend has left some big shoes to fill.

t.

OK, questions...

Cardona: he got thrown in there in the thick of things last year and I kinda/sorta thought the job was his to lose. Is he losing it and to who? Swaim or Tatum? Does Niedermeier really have a chance this early?

Shinsky: Do you know his health status currently?

If they waited that long on the press release and didn't include Francois then I am not getting my hopes up. If he is really that good I wouldn't be surprised if he heads to Europe. There is still time for a lot to happen. In any case, they already have a lot of bodies at his position.

Re: OK, questions...

I've seen Tatum and I like him alot. He looked good against the El Salvador Olynmpic squady. Francois , what I'm hearing is a clearinghouse issue. Hopefully Maryland gets him in. He's a dynamo.

Looks like some moving parts with this class but we'll see....

Sasho , probably still recruiting for just in case.

t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT