ADVERTISEMENT

Santa Deliveres Sasho some presents - 2013

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Chris Odoi-Atsem, top 100 player in the 2013 class is a Maryland Terp as he's committed to Sasho's gang. He's a Dematha kid to boot. Atsem can play holding mid, attacking mid or even center back. He's more of a defensive holding player IMO but can push forward when need be by his double digit goals this year for Dematha. He made 1st team All Met as a junior this year for Dematha. He played against Ntokozo Tshuma (another Maryland commit) who plays with Episcopal and was the Washignton Post player of the year. That battle between those two kid was a war though Dematha handled Episcopal 4-0 this year. Episcopal lost a lot of players from the previous year team. The Episcopal team was built around Tschuma. I haven not seen Tschuma play but I've been told he's got a little Sunny Jane in him and this kid impressed immensely in the high school All American game down in Birmingham 3 weeks ago.

The 2013 class is looking like a large class for Sasho. I don't think he's done on the 2013 class either. There's a lot of talent coming in on the defensive side of things in the 2012 class and the 2013 class. If there's been a chink in the program the last two years it's been the back 4. Sasho is addressing things quickly and nicely.

As for the 2012 class, there's a player out there (striker) who has not made his mind up yet and Maryland is on him. I would think we'll know something about this propsect in the next two weeks. Also with the 2012 class, you have the international players. It usually takes awhile longer for the iternational players to be announced (like spring time) as the paperwork flow the NCAA clearinghouse, at snails pace. Sasho has shown that he's warming up more and more to the international scene as far as the recruiting goes. Parker Walsh and Helge Leikvang have been nice additions and I'm sure Sasho will go to the broom closet for a prospect if there's a player there that can help him.
This post was edited on 12/31 10:31 AM by TMAN

Great News TMAN. It's always great to stock the shelves with the local products. That works just as well with soccer players as it does with produce. When you make a comparison that refers to " Sunny Janesque " that always make me smile !!
I don't know if you look at College Soccer News site , but it appears as if about a dozen of their top 150 are from the maryland area.

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/

Here'e hoping you and yours have a great New Year's with many more to come.

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO THE ENTIRE " OTHER SPORTS " BOARD VIEWING AUDIENCE.
This post was edited on 12/31 11:50 AM by POLY1967

A belated Happy New Year to you as well....

I was off the boards for a few days. Glad to see nothing has changed on the Premium Board, LOL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT