ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Visitors this weekend (UPDATED: Tuesday: 11 PM)

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
I was able to speak with some contacts tonight and it appears as if a few of the local committed prospects will be coming up to College Park this weekend. From what I've gathered, it's nothing formal. The staff hasn't been sending out invites to a bunch of uncommitted prospects or anything.

I've gotten the vibe that Haskins and a few others have just decided that they want to get together before the season starts. After speaking with contacts then, it looks as if the staff is going to provide food - the players still have to pay for that. It'll just be a casual event. Not much in regards to football. Just an opportunity for the committed guys to hang out.

As of now, the three prospects that I know are expected to be on campus are Dwayne Haskins, Keandre Jones and Lorenzo Harrison. Tino Ellis can't attend. It's his father's birthday and they have plans, but I will reach out to others thin in the coming days to try and learn more.

UPDATED: Tuesday - 11 PM

I was able to confirm two additional prospects that are expected to be at Maryland this weekend. The first is Landon School prospect Keith Simms. I actually spoke with late him late Tuesday evening.

During our discussion, he did tell me, more than once, that he doesn't plan on making a commitment this weekend. He continues to say that nothing will happen until after he visits Oregon, but I will also add that I'm not completely ruling it out. I've had prospects tell me that in the past, then get caught up in the moment and leave campus committed, so we'll see what happens. Either way, it's an excellent sign that he's making a trip before the season starts.

I then spoke with a contact to see if any other prospects were expected to attend and I was actually told that current West Virginia commit Marcus Simms is expected to be at Maryland this weekend.

I will reach out to Marcus in the coming days, but I doubt he talks about it. However, I do trust the contact here, so this will obviously be something that I monitor closely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News