ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Something to keep an eye on...

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
If you haven't seen by now, Charlotte DT Christian Colon backed out of his commitment to Penn State this evening.

As it was explained to me, this was basically a mutual decision by both PSU and Colon's family to part ways. I was informed that there was some sort of disciplinary issue, but I don't know all the specifics. Just passing on what I was informed. Im also not the only person reporting that, so I imagine there's more truth to that than not.

However, I also know that Maryland has been reaching out to him over the past few months, so he could end up being someone that the staff pursues hard in the coming weeks. If there is some sort of new disciplinary issue, that could impact the staff moving forward. That said, with Edsall gone, the current staff is probably much more willing to pursue him than if Edsall was still here.

I will do my best to learn more in the coming week. I know that it's been mentioned that he has interest in taking an official visit to Maryland, but that's not what he told me, so we'll see. I also specifically asked about UMD. All he said is that he has interest, so time will tell.

I think that, in the next week or two, he'll know which schools are going to really come after him hard, so give it some time. By the second week of November or so, we should have a better feel for how serious he is about Maryland. A lot of new schools are going to make a push now that he's totally open. Maryland just happened to be one of the schools that was reaching out to him in recent weeks, so lets wait and see where he stands in a few weeks.

If you'd like to watch his mid-season highlight film, Click Here. You can watch all of his highlights from this season and last year HERE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News