ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Interesting Visitor to Note

RyanSnyder

TSR Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Nov 2, 2013
As I've posted in the past, I'd appreciate it if you don't run to the other sites about this one. I know it'll get out there eventually, but for now, I'd just appreciate it if you guys could keep this here for a day or two.

Anyways, I confirmed that three-star 2016 OL Grayson Stover took an unofficial visit to Maryland yesterday. Stover actually committed to Virginia in the beginning of July, but is apparently still looking around.

From speaking with contacts, Maryland believes they're in the thick of things here, so he'll be someone that I try to watch closely. It's tough sometimes when they're committed, however. Contact with the media tends to drop off considerably. It also doesn't help that he's from Florida. I just don't have many contacts down there, but I'll do my best to monitor him. He wouldn't be coming all the way up here from Florida if there wasn't substantial interest in Maryland, so I believe he's a take. The staff wouldn't be hosting him if he wasn't.

Also, just a heads up that Silas Kelly is on campus today. He never got to do the whole tour after committing during camp. Then, just another reminder that Texas WR Evan Fairs is still expected to be on campus tomorrow night. He'll really tour campus and all of that on Thursday though. He just arrives tomorrow night.

ADDED: 6:50 PM

Just spoke with Stover. He's going to be de-committing from Virginia and Maryland should be a real player here.

Vanderbilt and Indiana are two competitors, but it sounds like Stover should be opening things up here soon, possibly as soon as this evening.

I'll try to have something posted first thing tomorrow. I've only been able to text with him so far, but one thing that really helps Maryland is the criminal justice program, which is ranked as the top in the nation by some publications. That's what Stover plans to study, so that should be big.

ADDED: 7:35 PM

ADDED: 8:10 PM

I posted an update on Stover now that he officially de-committed and all that.

Click Here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News