ADVERTISEMENT

Reaction

Terp64

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2001
First, I want to say the red uniforms are terrible and you can put ugly on top of that. There were an immense number of OSU fans there and a lot of them were drunk - before the game started. However, aside from an obnoxious cheer late in the game, I thought they were well behaved. Once again, the students utterly failed, most leaving the game by the end of the first quarter.

I stayed until the final score was rung up. What was clear is Ohio State has a helluva football team and may win the Big Ten and get into the playoff. They had great speed in the WR's, a more aggressive running game, superb QB and a good defense. Looking at their physical stats, they were no bigger than us, but watching them play, they were a much quicker team and hit hard.

One of their favorite plays was the swing pass, sometimes bubble screen. Our CBs were very low to react and seemed to wait for the receiver to make a move. Our linebackers could not stop the run game up the middle and they had the sweep working all night. Our defensive secondary was beaten regularly deep.

Some of the Maryland play here and there, especially on defense, was stout, but not often enough and not aggressive enough. I thought the defensive ends rushed well at times, but at other times, it looked lonely in the OSU backfield.

And since I am on a minor rant, what is up with Friday night games. This is a stupid idea for the fan base just to get some revenue. Frankly, football has the revenue it needs right now (I am an alum who donates some nice change). What we need is talent with attitude.

I hope in my lifetime (I'm 74), I will see a team at Maryland that will throttle these guys. With the depth of talent currently, it won't be happening soon. If Durkin can put together three solid years of recruiting, we will be competitive with no guarantee of winning. I am loyal and will cheer, but never boo or jeer MY team.

Thanks for listening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News