ADVERTISEMENT

Projecting the 2017 Freshmans Ftball PT

sturdy4

All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
Time to kill at work. Still pumped thinking about the 2017 class was projecting some PT for incoming class

Most PT
Breyon Gaddy - still worried something is up with the Gaddy twins. Almost seems to good to be true. But biggest guy on D-line, would play immediately

Nick U - no idea on JuCos usually but hope he grabs a starting role. Either way improves run defense

M Bell - body is perfect for the big DB in 4-2-5. Great athlete. One of the best on D. EE gets lots of reps early.

Sean Nelson - big vertical threat in passing game. At a reloading position

J Leake - kick returner, 4th RB

Deon Jones - if healthy, solid reps as backup Safety

Alex Woods - no idea on this kid but great size and will be an EE

Some PT

Ant Mac - I love the boost to the ranking he gave us but don't know if he is quite the X factor people think. Hope I'm wrong and Walt finds a way to use him

Capehart - similar to Ant Mac

MJ Jarrell - hope he can get some run and maybe be the 5th or 6th leading receiver.

Minor - most college ready OL in the class, violent with a big body, should provide depth at Guard

Bryce Brand - EE enters a position with 2 upperclassmen ahead of him at the Buck. But might get special teams and some run

Kasim - realistically i hope he's great but if he is playing more than likely Henderson or Bort haven't taken control of the offense. It would be nice to redshirt him.

Little PT

Brandon Gaddy - huge jumbo athlete, if he ends up on campus, I think he will need time focusing on one Position, since he's used to playing all over the field, but he won't redshirt because him and his brother came here for the insta PT

Cam Spence - probably a redshirt year would suit him best, but due to lack of talent at position might get thrown the wolves early.

Fofie Bazzie - no idea, but imagine with lack of depth at CB or Safety, he might get some run or special teams burn

Redshirt Candidates

Carlos C - great height and would be a unique red zone threat but only weighing 168 pounds would be tough in the B1GTen

Kenny Bennett - unique size, special teams player of the year candidate.

A Eley - my sleeper recruit for the whole class. We don't really know what we have in this guy. He's tall, long, and can cover. Ideally would rs after missing senior season but could be a star down the line

McNair - great prospect but needs conditioning before playing D1 football. Could be in the 2 deep in 2018

Johnny J - strong as a bull. Hopefully can use the next two seasons improving to be ready to challenge for starting Center when Moore leaves.

Comma - good athlete, will need time adjusting to college, strength development. Could be good down the road

Browder- great athlete, hasn't seemed to put it all together yet. High risk High reward. Hope he takes a year to get serious about his body and become a force for the 2018 season.

Fleet Davis - big back, that could see time on special teams, more than likely will spend a year bulking up and try to move to the Kenny Goins role in 2018.

Tyrant Hunt - obvious RS candidate must add weight. Maybe in rotation in 2019. Being an EE helped.

Andrew Park - a relative unknown at a weak position. Hayward and Edwards are back and Barnes redshirted. Good hands, but will use 2017 working on strength and blocking.

Lawtez - big prospect, will need to imprOve pad level and speed to contribute for 2018

B'Ahmed - if he makes it to campus will need to add significant weight down the line to play DT. Good start to the SFA pipeline though

All in all, no clue how the class will pan out, just excited thinking about football and figured it'd be cool to check back at the end of next season and see how i did. Wonder others thoughts on this as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News