ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty wild…

huehueterp

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2004
South Florida
Terps will be playing teams from Cali, Washington and Oregon somewhat regularly. Not just football obviously, but basketball and everything. Long trips, 3 hour time differences. Home teams have bigger advantages. Larger stage. Long way from the ACC of my youth. Now, they’re in the crosshairs. PAC10 is done, ACC is on deck.

In a way I’m sad. One of my grandfathers was President of the Orange Bowl. The bowl system is mostly what I know. I saw several O Bowl games, went to parades and all of it. Loved the experience, even UF trouncing Ralph in the 2nd half. Was happy the Terps were there. The Rose Bowl will still host games but none of it is like it was. Good.

All the nostalgia aside, the SEC will now arrange a duel with the ACC and the 2 main players will poach it, and the 3rd player will take on the rest. My hope is that Duke goes to the Big12 and we never play them again in my lifetime. Not our rival. Alas, I know that’s not going to happen. Who bids higher for UNC/ Duke basketball brand?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News