ADVERTISEMENT

Poly - Wake game

TMAN

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Sahso's gang schooled Wake. Md attack is lethal. No surprise there. Only troubling thing is Md outcornered Wake 13 to 1 at one point. Wake scores on their one and ONLY corner kick at that time. Not good. Cut the score to 2-1 Maryland but Maryland scored another goal by Cassel (set piece thing of beauty )to go 3-1. Cassel did get a PK blocked.

With Woodberry , kid was a no show. Not in lineup and didn't see him on the pitch. Story behind a story?!. Not good.

t.

Hey TMAN.. With corner kicks, sometimes its just a matter of the set up man having an off day. I would be curious if the same player was taking all the kicks.

I have no clue regarding Woodberry absence. I tried looking to see if the Diamondback offered any clues, but nothing there.

Maybe Mike F. will shed some light.

What did you think of Ladies Terps big win over UNC? Coach Pensky doing a hell of a job !!!!
This post was edited on 10/24 8:13 PM by POLY1967

I personally feel Sasho and his program is the best total package out there (coaching, recruiting, field play, atmospher at the games, kids graduating and going pro) . With that said Coach Pensky as u said, has turn things around out there for the ladies terps. He's got the same zip like Sasho on the recruiting trail and with the best season in the last 20 years for the lady terps going on right now, his efforts on the recruiting trail will get even easier. Md a sleeping giant on the womens soccer pitch.

** Big game for Md this week (mens). Game at UVA is always a war. No luv lost between both squads. This is a signature game for Md. They only need to tie (I believe) and they'll win second place in the ACC standings. With that said, make no mistake that Sasho and the kids will want to win the game flat out. Especially after taking it on the chin last year at Klocker stadium down there in the NCAA playsoffs (3-0). Md should be ready against the cavs.

t.
This post was edited on 10/25 8:33 AM by TMAN

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT