ADVERTISEMENT

Now the fun begins....

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
With the CFP Championship now over, the fun begins for Maryland fans. Here are some quick bullets on some likely scenarios and what the possible hold up could be.

- I've got Gattis as the frontrunner to join Locksley as the Terps' next offensive coordinator. Still one more possible hurdle to jump over, as Gattis has once again been linked to the Temple job, but assuming they go in a different direction, Gattis is very likely to be the guy.

- Tee Martin is still in the mix as a co-OC, or QB coach, or maybe some mix of titles. According to sources, he currently has offers from Maryland, Louisville and Georgia Tech. Tennessee could also be in the mix. For anyone who watched last night's game, Clemson sophomore WR Amari Rodgers is Tee's son. He has a younger son who's considered a prodigy QB. This dude can recruit like no other and has connections all over the country.

- Still expect Butch Jones to end up on staff as TE coach. His name was thrown around with the WVU job and has been mentioned for the Troy job, but I don't expect him to land that job.

- As for defensive coordinator, still expecting one of Dennard Wilson or Derrick Ansley. Sources I trust still like Wilson for this spot, but there has been growing sentiment that Ansley could be the guy. The hang up with Ansley could be the fact that he has his sights on being a head coach and could possibly be in the mix at Troy. Both of these guys are considered young up-and-comers and some of the brightest defensive minds currently in the game.

- D-line, still not a whole lot of chatter on this one. Two names I had previously mentioned, Jim Panagos and Lance Thompson, were both finalists for the D-line job on Geoff Collins' new staff at Ga. Tech with Panagos making the move from Temple along with Collins. Thompson is still actively looking for a job and I would not be surprised at all to see him wind up at Maryland.

- As for Jalen Hurts, all signs point to him winding up at Maryland as long as Gattis lands in College Park. If, for some reason, Hurts decided to go elsewhere (or stay at Bama again, as unlikely as that is), Notre Dame transfer Marcus Winbush is next up.

I also hope this explains why, as I mentioned numerous times throughout Dec., why this has all taken until after the first week in Jan. to get done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News