ADVERTISEMENT

No agenda, just curious: Who would you see as FB coach if a change is made

goterps48

Junior
Oct 3, 2004
I want to preface this by saying the candidate should be someone realistic that actually would take the job if offered. The reason I am curious is for me personally, I just cannot come up with 3-4 names that I believe would have the dramatic impact on the field and with recruiting that WOULD TAKE THE JOB if offered.

I know that nobody here wants a coach that didn't pan out somewhere else and doubtful folks would accept someone who hasn't atleast been a coordinator for Power 5 conference.

This past season coaching carousel reminded me that its slim-pickens with top tier coaching options, look no further then Nebraska hiring Mike Reily. Think that fanbase wasn't scratching their heads.

The only conceivable option I see is pulling someone from the NFL so Frank Reich would be my vote but again, I don't think he takes the job if offered and i would be concerned about recruiting regardless.

Guz Malzahn was a high school coach just a few years before winning a national championship so who knows, maybe we need to be more open-minded then we want to be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News