ADVERTISEMENT

New QB target reacts to offer...

Chad Simmons

Walk-On
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2017
Maryland has offered 2022 four-star QB Tanner Bailey, and the talented junior in Alabama is approaching 20 offers. His father played at Auburn, his grandfather played at Alabama, so he has connections to the in-state schools, but he is open to all his options.

He talks about the Terps offer he received Thursday.

"I’ve known coach Locksley and coach Enos for a while, but this offer came to kind of a surprise," said Bailey. "I’ve been in contact with coach Locksley a few times since he’s been at Maryland, but nothing too serious. I am very glad though they offered... I have a lot of respect for those guys.

"Coach Miller is the coach that offered me. He told me that he recruits the Alabama area. I also talked with coach Enos as well, and he told me they loved the way I play, my athletic ability, and my delivery.

"I think Coach Locksley is an offensive genius. All you have to do is turn on the film for a few games to see that. I’m really excited to build a relationship with him and the staff.

"I met both coach Locksley and coach Enos at camp while they were at Alabama. I have lots of respect for coach Enos. I like what he does offensively, and he’s been very successful.

"I know Maryland is in a rebuilding stage, but they are heating up...fast. Like I said earlier, I am really excited to get to know the staff and see what they do in the future. I have a lot of interest in Maryland. I’m still keeping all my options open, but they will for sure be a top option for me as I continue through this process."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News