ADVERTISEMENT

New Predictions.

amkeller138

Senior
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
To start off, I don’t think the sky is falling and yesterday’s game is not the end of the world. That said, I have now seen a large enough sample size to change my opinion on the rest of the season. My new prediction is that Maryland will finish 7-5. The team is really a one man show on offense; Taulia. If he plays poorly or average or good, that’s how the team will play overall. We beat some bad teams this year (and we should have), but now that we are playing superior teams (OSU) and teams with good coaches (Illinois), our holes are being exposed (undisciplined defense, lackluster running game, and a RT who should be playing D-III, to name just a quick few things.

What do other people predict?

I think we’ll lose to UM, PSU, and either Nebraska or Rutgers.

I think the team can get better, and I’m not anti-locksley. I just don’t see much improvement this year over last year except on paper. Taulia doesn’t seem markedly better than he was last year, the OL is worse, the WRs drop too many balls, the safeties are good but the CBs are average. Nothing wrong with average, but not anything special. LBs are really good (Gotay, Hyppollte, Barham). Though I don’t think Barham is as good as last year. DL still doesn’t get you the run stops needed at the right time. Last but not least, the play calling on O and D has not improved. It should have, and on paper we upgraded coaches, but that hasn’t translated.

Reactions: 9053
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News