ADVERTISEMENT

More on Nyck Harbor....

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
So with regards to Nyck Harbor and NIL, here is what's really going on...

Harbor has signed an NIL deal with some company called Prospex to create trading cards and NFTs with his likeness. The reason Oregon is suddenly getting so much traction is this: Prospex was started by Oregon alums and essentially has folks on the Nike payroll all over the country helping them add elite prospects to their roster for their 'games,' which On3 is going to help them promote. In theory, this is about having the fans ante up money to show their love for a recruit so a fanbase can say, 'hey, look at us! we bought the most NFTs for five-star John Smith!' A kid doesn't have to decide on a school based on who buys the most trading cards and I believe fans even get most of their money back if a kid doesn't pick their school. But make no mistake about it, once players sign with Prospex, these Oregon alums are using the relationships they are creating to push kids to Oregon with massive (sometimes six figure) NIL deals. My source on this is impeccable and is the reason how I knew Kwame Evans was signing with Oregon before they were even mentioned as being in the mix.

I don't expect anything to change in this recruitment until after he's visited the Pacific Northwest this weekend. As I've been telling you guys throughout, I've liked where Maryland sat for a long time and have gone on record that I believed they were the leaders. But based on some things I've heard over the past 48 hours, things could potentially change after his visit to Oregon. But I can promise you this, Maryland isn't going to go down without a fight and just might have a few tricks left up their sleeve. We'll see where things stand after the weekend.

Reactions: gmktwa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News