ADVERTISEMENT

Microcosm of the Season

GreenytheTerp

Freshman
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
This game was a perfect microcosm of our season. Played well in the first half and then when it was time to execute and play big, we failed and played small. I think the in-game coaching was a problem all year. Turge is an excellent recruiter but I hesitate to say he is an excellent in-game coach. Maybe we were spoiled by how good Gary was coaching games, but I think that is an area Turge has to really improve on. On paper, this team had talent that ranked with anyone in the country. However, in the end you have to know how to win and execute and this team could never do that in big games. As a result, this season has to be looked at as a disappointment, which is odd to say when we reached the Sweet 16 for the first time in 13 years. I am hopeful that some of the guys we thought were leaving to the pros may now be coming back after the way this season transpired. That could bode well for the future.

Having said the above, I would like to send a big thank you out to the players as they represented our school well all year. Although it did not turn out as we hoped, these players played hard, showed good sportsmanship, and were excellent ambassadors for our school. I appreciate the time and effort, and sacrifices, they put in for this season. Best of luck to the seniors (and any early entry players) and I look forward to everyone else coming back for a better season next year.

Best,
GreenytheTerp

Reactions: kwsanner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News