ADVERTISEMENT

Metro Access From DC

Spartan Glory

Walk-On
Aug 25, 2009
Terp fans,

Just a quick "rookie" question from a Spartan fan. Looking forward to visiting your campus sometime this Fall or Winter. Want to get there from DC - and noticed there is a metro stop in College Park. My question is: from that stop, is there easy access to your campus + athletic facilities (by walking)? Or, how is it normally done? Thanks!

If you are in CP for a game, there is a free shuttle from the metro to Byrd or Xfinity Center.

If you'd like to walk, it's about 35 minutes through a residential area and across campus to Byrd stadium.

I stopped driving to games a few years ago, it's a nice walk from the metro. Plenty of places to grab a bite on Rte. 1, too.

If you are in CP for a game, there is a free shuttle from the metro to Byrd or Xfinity Center.

If you'd like to walk, it's about 35 minutes through a residential area and across campus to Byrd stadium.

I stopped driving to games a few years ago, it's a nice walk from the metro. Plenty of places to grab a bite on Rte. 1, too.
Thanks, I'll definitely do the walk. Good luck to Maryland this year. Football has almost arrived...!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT