ADVERTISEMENT

Men's basketball hosted portal transfer...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Had someone ask me about this yesterday afternoon and took me a little while to confirm, but Maryland hosted Indiana transfer Jordan Geronimo yesterday.

At 6-foot-6, 220 pounds, he's a big, physical wing forward that is not afraid to mix things up in the paint and is really good at using his athleticism and explosiveness as a rim protector on defense. While I am calling him a wing forward, he has basically been used exclusively as an undersized four man and doesn't really take many three-point shots. And like I said, while he's on the smaller side at 6-foot-6, he's an excellent shot blocker and rim protector.

While he averaged just 4.2 points and 2.4 rebounds per game last season, he did start six games for an injured Race Thompson and fared pretty well in most of those games. He had 6 points, 6 boards, 2 assists and 2 blocks at PSU, 12 points and 11 rebounds versus Wisconsin and had 13 points, 8 boards, an assist and 3 blocks at Illinois.

He was a top-100 prospect according to Rivals coming out of high school. And while he graduated high school up in New England and played for Vin Pastore and Mass Rivals on the adidas shoe circuit, he is originally from New Jersey, so Willard is plenty familiar with him. Also worth noting, both of his parents played college basketball. His dad played here in Annapolis, while his mom played for UNC.

Geronimo also entered the transfer portal following his freshman year at IU after Archie Miller was fired. Willard and Seton Hall aggressively pursued him then.

It does sound like he's a take regardless of what happens with Dickinson. So they would be making room one way or another. And while he was a junior this past season, he does still have two years of eligibility remaining due to COVID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News