ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland officially names Jessica Jennings Zack Bolno's replacement

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Jessica Jennings has been named the Senior Associate AD/Chief Communications Officer for Maryland Athletics, Athletic Director Damon Evans announced on December 3. Jennings will oversee all communications strategy and messaging as well as serve as the spokesperson for the Maryland Athletic Department and manage the media relations unit.

"I am excited to officially welcome Jessica to our Maryland Athletics family," said Evans. "Jessica is a forward-thinking communications professional whose leadership and experience in the field will be invaluable to our organization moving forward. I am excited for what Jessica's unique background across an array of platforms and on the university's main campus will bring to our department as we execute our vision for One Maryland."

Jennings came to the University of Maryland in 2017, working across campus as the University's Director of Communications. In her role in the Office of Strategic Communications, Jennings has focused on strategic communication campaigns and media relations for the University as well as managing relationships between different units of campus.

"I would like to thank Damon Evans for his trust in me and for giving me the opportunity to join the Maryland athletics department," said Jennings. "I look forward to working cohesively with our media relations team and external staff to cultivate a unified vision and message for Maryland athletics to share the amazing stories of our student-athletes and constituents. The Maryland athletics community has a rich history with passionate supporters and I am proud to embrace this new challenge."

Prior to her time in College Park, Jennings spent her career in senior-level strategic communications roles for political and policy organizations. Jennings served as the Press Secretary at the British Embassy in Washington D.C. and as the Director of Communications at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace before working on the 2016 presidential cycle.

Jennings graduated from Penn State with degrees in international politics and public relations, and earned her master's degree in global policy from the University of London.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News