ADVERTISEMENT

M-Soccer recruit talent

Fekula

All-Big Ten
May 29, 2001
Word is Jordan Allen, a '13 class talent from Rochester, NY/Aquinas is on the radar screen. College Soccer News has him as the #2 midfielder and #5 overall player in that class.

I expect Sash to pitch a tent in states of NJ and New York for the 2013 class. Both states are loaded for 2013 talent. New York Red Bulls under program is ridiculously loaded. Sash has very good reporie with the Red Bulls.

What I'm hearing is JA is buds with Dakota Edwards and Donovan Fraser the 2 kids committed to Md for 2012.

Also I do keep an eye on what happens in the rest of the ACC with soccer recruiting and Duke, Wake and North Carolina are loading up. Wake is going to be scary and the new Coach of North Carolina has been tremendous on the recruiting trail. ACC is going to be tough for certain.

t.

The ACC...

might as well be the USL. There is so much talent in the ACC that it is pretty much a developmental league for MLS. And btw, I really enjoy watching the USL games on cable because there are a lot of good, young players in that league that may well end up in MLS, but the ACC has kids who definitely will be in MLS down the road.

btw, one of the best things about the USL broadcasts is Keith Tabatznik on commentary. He has forgot more about the game than most people ever knew in the first place.

I think Wake's Vidovich has been crazy-good on the recruiting trail the past couple of years -- he is always good but especially so recently. Right now they are the rival that most concerns me. They laid an egg last year, playing a tic below .500 ball, but they were young. The situ will be much different this year with Maryland having graduated and lost early a number of experienced players. Both schools had big recruiting classes, so that is probably a wash.

I can't believe we are only about two weeks away from the D1 players reporting to camp. Here we go......

Re: The ACC...

Vidovich in the top 3 among head coach recruiters. Here's how I have em...

1) Sasho - When he goes into Cali to pull a Maurice Edu or a Chris Seitz across the country, that shows me he's the best

2) The UCLA coach out there - He gets any West Coast kid he wants but the competition out there isn't there to put him number one. But he's been vaccum cleaner lately getting any kid out there.

3)Vidovich - He's impressed the heck out of me and he does it quitely. Last year was an aberation as Wake took a heavy knock out round of early entries into the Draft and heavy senior graduation loses. He's loaded up with the last 2 clases for big game safari. No doubt he's got cross hairs in beating Md for the title.

3) Caleb Porter out in Akron. Some people think he's the best in the country in recruiting. I haven't seen him pull kids from the West Coast so I have him lower. Plus he plays in a weak league. That's not his fault but it makes things easier out there being the big fish in a small pond.

t.

Porter

I rate Porter #1 right now. I mean, who the hell wants to go to college in Akron? You want to study in a town that smells like Goodyear and Firestone tires? I am not making that up. And being from a small conference means he can't tell recruits that they will be in a Maryland vs. Virginia game; they get what, Akron vs. Ball State? Or Ohio U? I can't even remember who else is in that league. The ACC doesn't have that problem. There are kids that will want to play for any ACC school; I don't think the Ohio Valley or the Mid-America or the North Central Eskimo Leagues get that advantage.

I would put it 1) Porter, 2) Vidovich, 3) Cirovski, 4) Todd Yeagly at Indiana, 5) Carlos Samoano at UNC, admittedly based on just one season. I think Jorge Salcedo at UCLA is in the top 10 but lets face it, he has an easier job recruiting kids to his campus and he is in the middle of a huge talent pool. Another one who deserves a mention is Tim Von Steeg at UC-Santa Barbara; he had a big recruiting class to go with a team that has six starters back and went 14-5-3 last year. And keep an eye on Mike Noonan at Clemson; he's going into his 2nd year and starting to bring in some serious talent.

Some of the ones I am wondering about: what ever happened to UConn, Rutgers, and Wisconsin? They haven't done much recently, from what I have seen.

This post was edited on 7/18 11:04 AM by Fekula

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT