ADVERTISEMENT

Locksley says postgame...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Give credit to PSU, today we didn't play up to our standard in any phase. I need to look at all three phases and make sure we are playing the right guys and doing the right things and get things fixed here. No time to panic, though. But we need to look at every aspect, personnel, play calling, everything.

It is easy to give all the blame to the QB, but it isn't all on him, it is lots of things. But as an offense, we haven't executed and we aren't doing things like we do during practice.

On defense, didn't say a lot of missed alignments, but a lot of missed tackles. A lot of big plays where we just didn't make the play we need to in order to play winning football.

It comes back to execution on offense, and not just the players, but the coaches also. Do we have the right personnel, are we dotting the 'i's' and crossing the 't's' because we had opportunities and we just aren't making plays.

It's frustrating because we are not playing like we practice. We were executing at a much better pace earlier in the year and we have too many negative plays on offense and giving up too many big plays on defense. But again, I need to make sure we have the right players on the field and make sure I am giving us the best chance to win.

Again, one play, they lined up under center and we knew what was coming and we missed the C gap and they had a big play.

We've worked our butts off trying to cover up the movement of the defenses and our running backs struggled. But again, it's up to me to figure it out.

Asked about Chop's play today.....did not like that question! Basically says he has no idea what he did today but the Terps need to play better.

Today PSU played better than Maryland and my job is to make sure we are the team that plays better.

Reactions: terp john
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News