ADVERTISEMENT

Lacrosse 2022

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Since the board is slow I thought I would take a look at the 2022 Terps Lacrosse team. The only set position appears to be in the goal with Logan McNaney. Although I did not think he had a very good game Monday he will be the starter next year.

The Defense loses 2 starters , but returns a potential first team AA in Brett Makar. Playing along side of him , I think, will be incoming Freshman Jack Schirtzer ( currently at IMG Academy ), and here is a big question mark. Will it be a Nick Redd ( soph ) or Colin Burlace ( Fr. ). This is a position where a transfer might come in.

The midfield will be young. Alongside Kyle Long ( who will probably wear # 1 ) will be Eric Malever ( a future # 1 ) and Gabe Goforth ( soph ) on the first midfield. The second midfield may have one of the Koras brothers ( Jack or Charlie ) along with incoming freshman Dante Trader or Kevin Tucker. Trader is on a football scholarship so that may slow his role with the lacrosse team, but he is a player who can dominant.

At attack Daniel Maltz returns , but who joins him is unknown. Will it be Nick DeMaio, the number two scorer in California history or Daniel Kelly , a soph from Calvert Hall. Others who could be in the mix are Jack Sawyer ( jr. ) , Ryan Siragusa ( jr. ) or incoming freshman an UA All American Eric Spanos.

LSM is in pretty good hands with Justin Sherrer, John Geppert, Alex Zappitello and B.J. Burlace. I would not be surprised if Zappitello competed for one of the defensive openings.

Face off seems to be set with Luke Wierman as primary, but back up has to be found especially since Coach Tillman seems to like a committee approach.

Joshua Coffman Returns at SSM, and getting in the mix should be Alex Wicks a player I like from St. Marys.

I do not regard myself as an expert, so feel free to add or criticize as you see fit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News