ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Smith...

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
No big surprise here, but it sounds like Jalen Smith will be announcing his return to Maryland for his sophomore season here soon.

The bigger news is that he won't test the NBA waters, which beginning this year includes the ability to hire an agent before officially pulling your name and returning to school.

As I've been saying since the season ended, all the feedback I got from NBA folks over the past couple of weeks is that Stix had pretty much fallen off their draft boards during the season. One team in particular that told me this has been very high on him and scouting him since the summer.

Bottom line is, he needs to continue to get stronger, particularly in his lower body. He also needs to play at a high level on a more consistent basis. If he plays all of next season like he did the first and last week of this season, he'll very likely be a lottery pick. Just needs to get more consistent and play with the same type of physicality and energy he did in the NCAA tourney.

But with the return of Stix and the current incoming class, Maryland will likely be a preseason top 20 team, maybe top 10 if they add another piece or two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News