ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting points in Drew Timme Q&A on NIL

Russ Wood

Oct 12, 2011
Florida
A good Q&A with Gonzaga's Drew Timme but three specific to NIL, which could help college hoops keep some of its players

How has NIL impacted college basketball?

I would just say this: Look at all the dudes that came back because of it. Without NIL, Oscar (Tshiebwe) and I aren’t back. There’s a huge benefit of this. We’re able to get more money here by doing it than heading elsewhere. Look at the big matchups because of stars returning. I can’t wait to face Oscar and Kentucky this season. It raises the level of college basketball. I’m not in this position, but sometimes people have had to leave college basketball just to go make any sort of money for their families to make ends meet. NIL gives people a chance to stay in college, get better and develop while making money and earning a degree. Sometimes we’ve seen situations where people leave early, and what if they come back for one more year? What could it do for them? NIL opens up more doors in college sports.

Let’s just say you went pro. How much would you have made this season?

If I had to ballpark it, I would say $200,000-$500,000. If I could have been drafted where some better projections had me, it’s more.

How much will you make this season while staying in college?

I won’t get too far into specifics, but it’s going to be more. It will be more than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News