ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson Wednesday morning update

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Ok, talked to a few sources again this morning and here is the latest I'm hearing...

Spoke with a source this morning who believes that Kansas and Villanova are currently trending and possibly surging past Maryland and Kentucky. Again, this source reiterated that this is not just about NIL money, but a combination of things, including feeling like they have a roster able to compete for a title, fit within the program and then obviously his brand/NIL, as well. One new piece of info I heard is that he is looking for someplace where he is able to really showcase his three-point stroke as he believes he will need to do that in order to reach his ultimate goal of playing in the NBA.

As for Maryland, there is still a quiet confidence and the Terps tick all the boxes like being close to home, having plenty of playing time, familiarity with Mike Jones and Jahmir Young and of course a competitive NIL package. They have done everything needed to land Dickinson.

As for Kentucky? There has been a lot of smoke for the Cats the past couple days, but I just can't get any real info to make me think he is choosing them. The unknown status of Tshiebwe, so many incoming freshmen, it just doesn't add up to me. That said, this is recruiting and sometimes things just don't make sense. And Cal does have a track record of both competing for titles and putting guys in the league. So I am not counting them out entirely, but I have no real info I trust that they will be the pick.

As for when a decision will actually happen? I'm hearing it could be today or could be tomorrow. It does sound like he is still genuinely making up his mind. But again, it does still sound like a decision will come this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News