ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Dickinson and Syracuse transfer Jesse Edwards…

TSR ScottGreene

The Guy in Charge
Staff
Nov 10, 2013
Some might have noticed, Syracuse big man transfer Jesse Edwards announced a final three if WVU, Kansas and Gonzaga yesterday.

Based on what I’ve been told, it sounds like Edwards is Huggy Bear’s to lose. Would not be surprised if he commits to WVU in the next few days. If he does not, he is likely waiting to see what happens with Dickinson and Maryland/Kansas. Self offered Edwards as a backup option to Dickinson. I’m told Hunter will officially visit Kansas next Thursday through Sunday (assuming he does not commit to Maryland before then).

As far as NIL goes, based on multiple conversations, it appears he is looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of between 500k-1 million. I’m also told both Maryland and Kansas are comfortable with those numbers. To be clear, I’m not privy to any actual negotiations and these numbers are estimates, but I believe them to be pretty close to what he will get.

But I think the fact that Kansas offered Edwards says they are at least a little worried about Maryland and I know there are other coaches who think Maryland could be the team to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News