ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN ... World Cup

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Curious about your thoughts regarding World Cup 2010. Before you burst my bubble I have to tell you that my neighbor just left for Las Vegas with $50 of my money to bet on the cup. I put $25 on Argentina to win the whole thing, I just love watching Messi. And get this bet ! I bet $25 on a South American team to win the whole thing. You just gotta love Vegas, you can even bet which continent will win the Crown.

I hear ya Polly. Great time of year. Sorry Terrapin Times, this and everything else in sports takes a back seat to the world's greatest game for the next month. I won't even pay attention to College Park until this masquerade of the globes greatest pieces come to an end.

On the tourny itself. Hey your bet on a South American team is a good bet. Argentina or Brasil (my fav) , take your pick. Argentina is laying in the woods but they're extremelly talented. Messi,...what can you say, he's terrific and definitely good enough for Maradona squad to ride on this electrolite's feet all the way to the cup.

Brasil is Brasil. I swear, you could go to the Rio beaches' pick the first 11 guys you see on the sands playing with that ball and that pickup team may form the 2nd or third best squad in the world. Kidding of course but with Kaka, Robinho, Luis Fabiano, Rodrigez and along with the world's best one two backs in Maicon and Danny Aviles, well u have to have iodine in your veins to pick against the canaries. Plus they got a goal keep in Julio Ceasar who's a stone in the middle of the net for goalie. They're very tough.

Spain's...the world's brides maid. Always hyped always a failure. Is this the year. On paper they're loaded. In Xavi Hernandez and Andres Inesta many experts believe they're the best one two in the midfield on the globe. In Gerad Pique along with Carlos Puryoi , they have no weaknesses in the back line. They're goalie is regarded as the best in the world though I haven't see him that much. They're in a easy bracket so they should advance. Is this they're year. One thing to note, if Brasil somehow finishes second in their group and SPain wins their group , they would meet in the first game of the knockout rounds. WOW.WOW, WOW

Best early games.....

USA vs England. USA, it will be a celebration if the US can get a point out of this match. I'm skittish (along with everyone else) on the US backline. But if the backline holds up, a draw would be wonderful.

Argentina vs Nigeria. This is one of the early matches that caught my eye and I saId "YIKES". Argentina with the inflapable Maradona peering on the pitch is the favs but watch out for Nigeria. In Obafemi Martins, he's a forward that spreads fear in European play. Yakubu Aiyegbeni, F plays in the English Premier league. Nuff said. They also have Peter Odemwigie who can run with anyone in the world. I would not be surprised if five goals were scored in this match. The boys in my shop laughed at me when I said Nigeria could upset Argentina but watch this match. Argentinia should advance somehow in this group though.

Ivory Coast vs Portugal. If Didia Drobga can play and is even 80 percent healthy this might be the marque match of the openers. What can you say about Christian Rinaldo. The only thing that matches Rinaldo's expertise ptich play as one of the best forwards in the world is his radioactiveness to the female genders pushing their phone numbers to him when he enters the pubs for a toddy. Spectacular match in the Group of Death.

The only other thing I hope for is for December 1, 2010 when FiFa announces where the 2018 cup will be at. If it's in the States, heaven has come early.

Tman.
This post was edited on 6/6 7:54 PM by TMAN
This post was edited on 6/6 7:55 PM by TMAN
This post was edited on 6/6 8:43 PM by TMAN
This post was edited on 6/6 8:44 PM by TMAN
This post was edited on 6/7 11:26 AM by TMAN

How does Onyewu look to you ?

Watched him against the Czechs and he looked very tentative. Wasn't playing that hard ass bouncer game that he usually does. Hope he gets his attitude back. If he does we can advance.

Re: How does Onyewu look to you ?

I didn't see him against the Czech's. Isn't he coming off a knee? Based on a lot of stories he's probably only 75% ....but hey U.S. ain't knee deep on central backs.... I figure against England, they'll only counter attack against the Brits playing a bunker in front of the goalie ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT