ADVERTISEMENT

Hey TMAN ..... Two More for Sasho

POLY1967

Junior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Daniel Metzger , MF, New Jersey and Kyle Roach, F, NJ. Counting Shinsky this makes three verbals Sasho has for next year's class. I think Metzger is on the U18 National team.

U the man Poly. Good scoop. I was wondering just how many Sasho can hand out this year. Sasho's in a tough position as some of his kid (if the terps and the players have a good year) will surely think the next level next year. I got hi hopes on this years team. If they stay healthy they can surely make the final 4 cup in Santa Barbara this year.

Article Kyle Roach - Trenton News Paper

Kyle Roach had the toughest decision of his high school career to make before the start of the 2009-2010 season.

After spending the first two years of high school at Notre Dame, he chose to spend the rest of his young experience with many of his club ball friends at the Pennington School.

No doubt the change went well for Roach.

The Red Raiders did not need him on defense, so co-coaches Ed Gauss and Kevin Murphy put Roach into the attack where he immediately provided dividends.

After two games, Roach already had five goals and an assist. He went on to have a career-high 22 goals, tying him for the area lead, and eight assists, giving him 52 points, which led all prep players and was second in the area.

For his efforts, Roach has been named Prep Player of the Year.

His production helped make Pennington’s strong lineup even more formidable, so much so that the defending New Jersey Independent Schools Athletic Association Prep B champions decided to try their luck in the Prep A ranks.

That was no small step since St. Benedict’s has dominated the bracket since joining in 1991. Yet, following a near-miss versus the Gray Bees Sept. 17 (a 1-0 loss in which the Red Raiders actually scored the own goal), Roach and Co. found the confidence to finish No. 2 in Prep A, putting a scare into St. Benedict’s, which had opened a three-goal lead, with a 3-2 loss in the championship game.

As a result of its success, Pennington dominated this year’s All-Prep selections. Roach was joined by talented attackers Nate Bruccoleri and Chandler Fraser-Pauls on the first team as well as sweeper James Ehret and goalkeeper John Ricketti. Gauss and Murphy were also recognized as Prep Coaches of the Year.

Even though the Red Raiders met with a little disappointment in falling early from the Mercer County

First, thanks to Poly for keeping us up to date. I am in deep Women's Lax right now, which apparently means I now have to cover homicides. I am not making light of it -- what an incredible tragedy.

As to Sasho and players he may lose to the pros, ya gotta look at it this way: in a sport where the NCAA only allows 9.9 'ships at a time, if he loses a guy to the pros, that is money that opens up for the next batch of recruits. I've said it before, it is a high risk/high reward strategy. He goes for the absolute very best guys, knowing they may stay no more than one or two years, but in that time, they can win a national title for him. No question it worked in 2005 and 2008. Frankly, if Doug Rodkey and Casey Townsend had not been injured last year, he might have done it again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT